Friday, April 16, 2010

Poems 4/14/10

Abuse

How many times have i experienced you?
On top of me at five,
In my ear gate through the years,
Faded whips on my skin,
A learned mentality.
On the television, the radio, in my own house.
But at all times dark and concealed,
Eventually fading to black.
For some,
we neva see the light.

-Lyrique

Flight
Slow to move (a crawl).
Anticipation.
Spontaneous actions on my part.
Picking up speed
When others assumed that I had reached my Mark.
I view the land (my surroundings).
I exhale the breath of doubt that has consumed me.
Relief visits.
I'm finally here (at this point, a point,
but not the end).
No worries about the next phase.
The excitement and joy of a child overwhelms me.
Intensity and optimism allowing me to a line
myself and take off.
A blind sight after the turn.
The turn of many lingering events.
Vision is restored to see a road of infinity.
I race along and i finally rise.
Oh My God, Oh My God, leaves my mouth forever!
O sh**!
I realize that i will continue to have some sort of fear in life.
Surprisingly there is beauty in what i fear.
Such beauty,
beauty in the experience,
beauty in the sight which becomes a blurred piece of artwork.
I must now search for beauty and peace elsewhere.
I search the clouds which are full and spacious,
I search the peoples surrounding me who are unknown and mysterious.
I search myself as I've been doing all along, and in this moment,
I am beauty in the form of a bird in flight,
soaring through my experiences such as this,
To reach my destiny.

- Lyrique

No comments:

Post a Comment