Friday, April 16, 2010

AUSTIN BUSINESS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP ACADEMY MEANS BUSINESS!

(Photo by Dennis Lyles)

    The photo above shows just a few of the outstanding 2010 juniors and seniors at Austin Business & Entrepreneurship Academy (ABEA), located on the Austin High School campus, 231 North Pine Avenue. They are living up to the school’s motto: No Excuses – Just Results!
    Steffen Canino, senior (back row, 4th from left) says, “ABEA is an elite school that provides endless opportunities. Being prepared is an important attribute that is driven home to us every day. The school has strict rules and regulations, and they have assisted me with staying focused to receive my high school diploma. I’m looking forward to college and have been accepted at Northern Illinois University this fall.”
    Marcus Wells, a junior (front row, center), plans to attend Lewis University in the fall of 2011. He says, “I chose ABEA because they offered a business curriculum. I have found the teachers and staff to be supportive and they help to provide a positive learning environment that I enjoy.”
    Marquita Dunbar, a senior (front row, 2nd from right) says, “Attending ABEA has helped me to mature in many ways and I think seriously about my future. I have been accepted to the University of Indiana and will be majoring in Biology while taking Pre-med courses. Because of my counselor’s help this year, I plan to become one of the best pediatricians in the world and open my own practice.”
    Ms Knazze, Administrator and Disciplinarian, is especially proud of the students she selected to be pictured here and is responsible for coining the phrase, At ABEA – We Mean Business! She feels that the students take school seriously, set realistic goals, and work diligently daily in all of their classes.
    Ms Murphy, Team Leader/Business Teacher, says, “I am convinced that these students will achieve whatever it is they desire.”
    Ms Sewell, Dean of Students, congratulates these ABEA junior students on a productive school year and wishes the seniors success in all of their future endeavors.
    ABEA is graduating its first class on June 14 at Dominican University.

No comments:

Post a Comment