Friday, April 30, 2010

I Can Break The Chains.

 Can I break the chains of poverty,
and the boundaries that have been set on my life?
 Can I break the chains,
of gang related deaths in my community?
 Can I break the chains
of babies, being the Mothers of babies?
Can I break the chains of phoney dreams
of making it out, with the help
of the drug trade?
Can I break the chains,
of no male role models in our homes?
 Can I break the chains
of depending on the government for my next meal?
 Can I break the chains,
that the Judical system has placed on our communities?
 Can I break the chains of spending the rest of my life behind bars?
 Can I break the chains of going to my friends funerals, instead of their graduations?
 Can I break the chains of hurting the people who love me the most?
 Can I break the chains of being awakened by the sound of gunfire all times of the night?
Can I break the chains of living in rodent infested places?
Can I break the chains of having someone else dictate my life?
Can I break the chains?
Yes I Can!                                               Written By: Simply Q

No comments:

Post a Comment