Monday, August 8, 2011

REP. YARBROUGH NAMED ASSISTANT HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER

After a General Assembly session serving in her new role as Assistant House Majority Leader, State Representative Karen Yarbrough says her position allows her to better advocate for local residents.
    “When I first learned that I was selected as an Assistant House Majority Leader, I immediately thought of all the people I have met throughout my career in public service, and how I would be able to better serve them in this new capacity. Even though I’m now a member of the leadership team in the Illinois House, I am still first and foremost an independent state representative for the 7th District and will always put the needs of my constituents first,” Rep. Yarbrough states.
    “Most rank-and-file legislators work very hard, but oftentimes they struggle to enact positive change because they don’t have a seat at the table. Though I have been able to pass significant pieces of legislation dealing with poverty, predatory lending, and clean indoor air – all before I became a member of leadership – I will be an even more effective voice for the people I represent now that I am able to help shape the policy direction of our state,” she explains.
    For information on state programs and legislation, contact Rep. Yarbrough’s Constituent Service Office at 708/615-1747.

No comments:

Post a Comment