Friday, August 19, 2011

A New Job Corps Intern Hits the Voice!

Joshua Bunch is our latest Protege

What’s your name and where are you from?

My name is Joshua Bunch and I come all the way from Kansas City, Kansas.

What brings you out to Chicago?

I’ve traveled to Chicago to attend the Paul Simon Job Corps Center in order to pick up a trade in Graphic Design. I’ve been in the program for about 8 months now. In the time that I’ve been here I have become certified in HTML, XHTML, and Photoshop.

What is the most difficult part about being here?

The hardest part about being here is the fact that I have no family here. There are moments when I miss my family more then other times. The stress sometimes can build up and make it much more difficult to continue on through the program.

What motivates you to keep going?

I am actually the second generation of the family to attend Job Corps. My dad learned his bricklaying trade through Job Corps. I feel that I must carry the tradition and complete this program just as he did. I know that my family is proud of me.

What do you plan to do after you have completed the program?

After I have completed this program I plan on traveling back home to attend college and earn a degree in photography and business. I also plan on working to build more experience. These plans are really just the beginning of what I really want to do. If I’m reaching for the stars, I might as well grab one!

No comments:

Post a Comment