POINTS TO REMEMBER:
1. If you suffered flood damage and losses not covered by home insurance, come to the FEMA Disaster Recovery Center at 4905 West North Avenue (the former Old Navy store in the Harold Washington Plaza Shopping Center); or
2. Call the toll-free Disaster Hotline at 1-800-621-3362, 7:00 AM-10:00 PM daily;
3. If you filed an application prior to August 19th, you did not file with FEMA, so you must, come to the Center or call the Hotline at 1-800-621-3362 and file an application BEFORE OCTOBER 18;
4. File a SBA Disaster Loan application at the Center or by calling 1-800-659-2955 – EVEN IF YOU DO NOT WANT A LOAN OR DON’T THINK YOU QUALIFY. IT COULD GET YOU MORE AID FROM FEMA!
5. Don’t forget to check your furnace to see if it still works – BEFORE THE WEATHER TURNS COLD! If it doesn’t work because of flood damage, report it to FEMA and get it replaced NOW!
6. If you received a Rejection Letter from FEMA, bring it to the Disaster Recovery Center. Your application may need a signature or may be missing required information. You may also want to appeal a claim rejection decision. The staff at the Center can help you.
7. Your home may be harboring potentially toxic mold. Meet with specialists at the Disaster Recovery Center to learn how to remove mold and sanitize your home. This service is free.
8. FILE YOUR CLAIM BEFORE OCTOBER 18!